1. Original car appearance
2. Remove the handle box panel.
3. Remove the 4 screws as shown
4. Remove the big panel.
5. Remove the middle panel Of the tailgate
6. Remove the 2 side panel as shown.
7. Remove the 2 original struts
8. Remove the left and right side original car body bracket
9. Remove the left and right side original car tailgate bracket
10. Install our left and right car body bracket with our flat head screw
11. Install our left and right car tailgate bracket with our flat head screw
12. Install our power strut (L means Left R mean Right)
13. Make a 16mm hole in the Red circle area, it used for pass Strut wire (both left and right).
14. Install the waterproof stopper.
15.Remove the original button as shown.
16. Install our new front button.
17. Remove the panel under the Button, Find the plug as shown. Connect our brown(or green) wire to the pink wire, connect our white (or yellow) to original blue wire.
18. Connect our power wire to a 20A Constant power fuse in the fuse box.
19.Pass the front harness to the tailgate through left side floor.
20. .Pass the front harness to the tailgate through left side floor.
21. Pass the controller wire through The tube.
22.Connect the GND wire to a GND Screw.
23. Connect related plug to the controller.
24. Make a hole (22mm) in tailgate panel to install the tailgate button.
25. Remove the original handle clasp button plug connect our handle clasp button plug to it as shown.
26. After finish all steps, find this box which is near to original Tailgate button plug, remove this box’s plug and repower on.(please must do this step or electric suction lock would not work)
27. Before recover all panel, check all the wire and connected right. Power on the system. Please use your hand close the tailgate at the first time. Then you can use the car key to control the tailgate.
1.All harness ports, control boxes, poles, etc. can not energized until they are installed
2.Pay attention to the direction of power take-off, must be connected to 20A constant electric fuse.
3.When installing the wire, it must be operated with the engine off and the car key unplugged.
4.If there is a situation where the tailgate cannot be closed, remove the rubber plug in the lock head.
Remarks: After installing the electric tailgate lift, you must manually close it once and then open it. Finally, the installation is complete. Height set: Push the tailgate to your ideal height, long press our new tailgate button, after a long beep, release your hand, finish the height set. How to use the remote control: Press the key unlock button 3s to open or close the tailgate; Cab button: Press to open the tailgate and press it to close the tailgate
The problems and losses caused by improper installation and improper use are not covered by our company’s warranty. Disclaimer:
Product link: https://www.hautopart.com/product/nissan-patrol-y62-2012power-tailgate/