by Morton E. . Nov 07, 2023
Image Credit: Tesla Asia/X
Tesla China is reportedly poised to raise prices for its popular Model Y crossover, just weeks after increasing the cost of the Model Y Performance variant by RMB 14,000 (approximately $1,920), according to CNEV Post.
- Industry observers in China have noticed that multiple Tesla salespeople have posted on their WeChat social media platforms that the Model Y's price is set to rise in the country.
- Local news outlet Jiemian corroborated this information, citing a statement from Tesla China confirming plans to adjust prices for other Model Y variants.
- Tesla China currently offers three Model Y variants: the base Rear Wheel Drive (RWD), the Long Range Dual Motor All Wheel Drive (AWD), and the Performance.
- Current starting prices for the three Model Y variants are RMB 263,900 (around $36,200), RMB 299,900 (about $41,200), and RMB 363,900 (about $50,000), respectively.
Why it matters: The Tesla Model Y is the electric vehicle maker’s best-selling car. Following the rollout of the Model Y’s minor refresh, sales of the all-electric crossover appear to be hitting their momentum. WIth this in mind, Tesla may be rolling out a price increase for the Model Y to address consumer demand.
In the same light, a Tesla Model Y price increase in China could also mean that the company is incentivizing car buyers to purchase the all-electric crossover now before the price increase is implemented. Tesla, after all, is looking to hit 1.8 million vehicles this year, so it needs to sell as many Model Ys as it can before the end of 2023.
Since it's the lead up to Black Friday, we're starting our promotions early! Check out some of these items from our shop!
Hanshhow Tesla Model 3/Y F68 CarPlay Dashboard Touch Screen: Powered by a high-performance Linux system, our F68 dashboard touch screen features support for Carplay and 5G connectivity. Its stunning 6.86-inch 2.5D HD screen displays vibrant and clear graphics, and its touchscreen interface provides quick access to apps and other functions.
Hanshhow Model 3/Y Rear Entertainment and Climate Control Touch Screen Display H7: The H7 is one of our most popular items, and for good reason. Designed for the pre-Highland Model 3 and Model Y, this Android 12-powered system integrates seamlessly with the Tesla OBD port to provide entertainment and other critical functions to rear passengers.
Hansshow Model 3/Y Yoke Steering Wheel (Inspired by Model X/S Yoke Style): This direct-fit replacement steering wheel features a yoke design that is inspired by the Model X and S, and it is made from high-quality materials that are sure to last. This is one of our best yoke steering systems, as each item is meticulously crafted to ensure that it is made with the best quality possible.
A final word: Don't forget to place the code "HMORTON" upon checkout. This should give you 20% off your entire order from our online store. Do take note that this code applies to orders that are worth $80 and up.
Follow us on social media!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HansshowTeslaAutoParts
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hansshow_official/
- X: https://twitter.com/hansshowna/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@hansshow-teslaupgradeacces9499
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@hansshowofficial
- Threads: https://www.threads.net/@hansshow_official