by Morton E. . Oct 25, 2023
Image Credit: Tesla/X
Objections to Tesla's expansion plans for Gigafactory Berlin have been rejected by the Brandenburg State Office of the Environment. This was a victory for the electric vehicle maker.
Why it matters: The expansion will allow Tesla to double its production of Model Y vehicles at its Germany-based factory. The expansion will also likely create more jobs for people in the area, thereby boosting the local economy.
- Tesla has updated its expansion plans to increase vehicle production capacity from 500,000 units per year to 1 million cars annually.
- The company also plans to increase battery cell production by 50 gigawatt hours to 100 GWh annually.
- Local environmental groups have raised concerns about the resources Tesla needs to increase production, particularly water.
- This was despite Giga Berlin already using less water than a large asparagus farm in the area, according to a report from BZ.
- The Strausberg-Erkner Water Association (WSE) has rejected Tesla's expansion plans in August, citing the company's alleged inability to provide the water volume required.
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has shown support for Giga Berlin's production increase.
„Selbst der Spargelhof Klaistow verbraucht mit 1,09 Mio Kubikmetern mehr Wasser als das Teslawerk mit 11.000 Jobs.“— Tilman Winkler 🔋🔌 (@TilmanWinkler) October 20, 2023
Ein beknackter Spargelhof braucht mehr als eine moderne Autofabrik. Wir müssen echt über Prioritäten reden, auch wenn Spargel lecker ist. https://t.co/ODhctBrCiS
What they're saying: "The discussion is a farce. Of course, we cannot check how significant the changes are," said Michael Ganschow, the state manager of the Green League.
Ganschow was referring to Tesla's application documents, as some were blacked out. The hearing with the State Office of the Environment was based on the documents.
However, André Zschiegner, who is from the State Office of the Environment and who led the meeting about Giga Berlin's expansion, stated that Tesla's updates to its documents are legal.
It's the lead up to Black Friday so we're starting our promotions early! Check out some of these new arrivals from our shop!
Hansshow X Tesla Cyberpack 2.0: The Hansshow X Tesla Cyberpack 2.0 is the ultimate cargo solution for your Tesla Cybertruck. With its rugged construction, versatile utility, and sleek design, it's the perfect way to protect your gear and elevate your driving experience.
Hansshow 2021 Model 3/Y Ultra RGB 64-Color Ambient Lighting System: Transform the interior of your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y with the Hansshow 2021 Ultra RGB 64-Color Ambient Lighting System. This easy-to-install system features 64 vibrant colors and multiple lighting modes to create a truly custom look.
*On Sale Now!* Model Y Portable Fridge/Freezer: Keep your food and drinks cold on the go with the Model Y Portable Fridge/Freezer. This 45-watt fridge/freezer can be plugged into the 12V or 24V outlet in your Model Y's sub-trunk, making it the perfect companion for road trips, camping trips, and other outdoor adventures.
A final word: Don't forget to place the code "HMORTON" upon checkout. This should give you 20% off your entire order from our online store. Do take note that this code applies to orders that are worth $80 and up.
Follow us on social media!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HansshowTeslaAutoParts
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hansshow_official/
- X: https://twitter.com/hansshowna/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@hansshow-teslaupgradeacces9499
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@hansshowofficial
- Threads: https://www.threads.net/@hansshow_official