by Morton E. . Nov 10, 2023
Image Credit: Tesla Raj/YouTube
Tesla has implemented a physical recall for the Model S and Model X over issues with the vehicles’ steering wheel/steering yoke airbags.
What's happening: According to the NHTSA Safety Recall Report, some Tesla Model S and Model X steering wheels have been equipped with airbags that are designed for the yoke. At the same time, some steering yokes have been equipped with airbags that are designed for a round steering wheel.
Why it matters: The issue appears to have happened when the company retrofitted steering wheels and steering yokes for their customers. Unfortunately, having the wrong airbag in the steering wheel/yoke could result in safety concerns.
By the numbers:
- Only 159 Model S and Model X vehicles are affected by the recall.
- The recall affects vehicles manufactured between 2021 and 2023.
- By October 27, 2023, Tesla opted to voluntarily initiate a recall about the issue.
What's next: Tesla will be inspecting the driver airbag on all affected vehicles and replacing any incorrect airbags at no charge to the customer.
Here's what else you need to know:
- Tesla is not aware of any injuries or fatalities that may be related to the issue.
- If your vehicle is affected, Tesla will contact you to schedule a service appointment.
- The service appointment is free of charge.
Since it's the lead up to Black Friday, we're starting our promotions early! Check out some of these items from our shop!
Hanshhow Tesla Model 3/Y F68 CarPlay Dashboard Touch Screen: Powered by a high-performance Linux system, our F68 dashboard touch screen features support for Carplay and 5G connectivity. Its stunning 6.86-inch 2.5D HD screen displays vibrant and clear graphics, and its touchscreen interface provides quick access to apps and other functions.
Hanshhow Model 3/Y Rear Entertainment and Climate Control Touch Screen Display H7: The H7 is one of our most popular items, and for good reason. Designed for the pre-Highland Model 3 and Model Y, this Android 12-powered system integrates seamlessly with the Tesla OBD port to provide entertainment and other critical functions to rear passengers.
Hansshow Model 3/Y Yoke Steering Wheel (Inspired by Model X/S Yoke Style): This direct-fit replacement steering wheel features a yoke design that is inspired by the Model X and S, and it is made from high-quality materials that are sure to last. This is one of our best yoke steering systems, as each item is meticulously crafted to ensure that it is made with the best quality possible.
A final word: Don't forget to place the code "HMORTON" upon checkout. This should give you 20% off your entire order from our online store. Do take note that this code applies to orders that are worth $80 and up.
Follow us on social media!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HansshowTeslaAutoParts
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hansshow_official/
- X: https://twitter.com/hansshowna/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@hansshow-teslaupgradeacces9499
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@hansshowofficial
- Threads: https://www.threads.net/@hansshow_official